Dods NICE Conference 2021 Privacy Notice
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (“NICE”) and Dods Parliamentary Communications Limited (“Dods”) together (“we”, “our”, “us”), are responsible as data controllers for the processing of personal data you provide when you register for the NICE Conference 2021 (“Event”). This Privacy Notice aims to inform you on the personal data processing we carry out and on your rights.
The personal data
NICE has requested Dods to provide its event management services to hold the Event.
By registering for the Event, you are providing us with your personal data and contact information as requested in the online registration form. Other people may provide information on you as requested in the online registration form.
The data collected in the registration form includes:
- your full name;
- your job title;
- your organisation;
- your organisation type and job role
- your phone number;
- your level of seniority and any budgetary influence and spend
- your accessibility requirements
- your dietary requirements
- where you heard about the event
- your organisation address and region
- your email address; and
- if you have attended the NICE conference previously.
Purpose of processing your personal data for the Event
We will use your personal data to hold the Event, and this will include to:
- register and facilitate your attendance at the Event;
- analyse attendance at and any subsequent marketing communications in relation to the Event;
- provide you with updates and details relating to the Event;
- manage delegates, sponsor and customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- take photographs and record videos of the Event, and to produce promotional material to advertise the Event and to promote future events; and
- handle any legal claims or regulatory proceedings and ensure legal regulatory compliance.
Legal basis of processing your personal data for the Event
The legal basis relied on by us for processing your personal data in relation to holding the Event, and promoting it, is out of necessity for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, which is your registration for the Event.
We may photograph or film some of the Event, which may feature group shots of event attendees. The legal basis relied on by us for processing your personal data in relation to taking photographs and recording videos of the Event is legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are in having a record of the Event and the means to promote the Event, including in future years.
To the extent that you provide, in the registration form or by subsequent email, special categories of data (including data revealing health or medical details), the legal basis for our processing such information is your consent and our purpose is to ensure your safety and wellbeing at the Event.
Where you provide us with any information on your dietary requirements in the online registration form you consent for us, the venue and/or the catering provider to process this information for the purpose of providing you with catering services.
Purpose of other processing
We will also use your personal data for marketing or other commercial purposes including to:
- provide you with updates relating to other events/conferences you might be interested in;
- inform you about similar events we intend to hold in the future;
- market certain goods or services which we believe will be of relevance or interest to you;
- improve existing products and services and develop new products and services; and
- photograph and/or record the Event for business and promotional purposes.
This may include contacting you from time to time by email, post or phone.
Legal basis for other processing
The legal basis relied on by us for communicating marketing to you is legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are to promote our or third parties’ business and events that could interest you, and to monitor the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
Sharing your personal data with third parties
Your personal data will be shared with the Session Sponsors whose sessions you are registered to attend. This is based on our legitimate interest and the sponsors to provide information that might interest you (including marketing communications) following the Event.
A list of all the Event sponsors is available on the Event website: see here http://www.niceconference.org.uk/sponsors
Dods may communicate your personal data to the venue, caterers and other subcontractors of the Event to help in the organisation of the Event.
Dods may provide your personal data to other companies within Dods’ group for the purposes set out above, including marketing purposes. Further information on how Dods’ hold and treat your personal data can be found at http://www.dodsgroup.com/privacy-policy.
As your personal data will be stored on Dods’ IT infrastructure it will also be shared with Dods’ data processors who provide IT, email, document management, and storage services (including cloud hosting).
We keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary for our legitimate business and legal purposes.
Where we retain your information for events and contract fulfilment, we will retain for the period required by applicable law for legal, tax, and accounting purposes. This will be a minimum of six years.
Where we store your information for marketing purposes, we retain it for three years from your last engagement.
- You have the right to request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data;
- you have the right to request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay;
- you have the right to request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement;
- you have the right to request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed;
- you have the right in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested) to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted;
- you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where processing is based on legitimate interests. Please see the unsubscribe link provided in our email marketing or contact us at the address below to object to any of our processing;
- you have an absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data being used for direct marketing purposes, and to withdraw consent for third party advertising; and
- you have the right to request the transfer of your personal data that you have provided, and for it to be provided in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
Please contact us at the addresses below if you would like to exercise any of these rights or have any queries regarding our use of your data.
Dods is part of the Dods Group. The Dods Group is a global business which means personal data may be accessed by our group companies or certain service providers from locations outside the European Economic Area (EEA). To ensure your personal data is given substantially similar protection as are provided in the EEA, Dods use safeguards approved by the European Commission and have in place international data transfer agreements between Dods’ companies and Dods’ service providers where data is transferred outside the EEA.
Dods contact details are:
Dods Parliamentary Communications Limited
32 London Bridge Street
If you have any questions, comments, or requests regarding this Privacy Notice or our practices relating to use of your personal information, please contact Dods at email@example.com.
Dods is committed to safeguarding and respecting your personal information and privacy. Dods is registered with the Information Commissioner with registration number Z8858854.
You can also contact:
Data Protection Officer
Level 1a, City Tower
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
0303 123 1113